Worms of the Earth

Friday, September 4, 2009

9-04-09

Haven't done a whole lot in the last month, been busy with real life shit I guess. Still on the verge on finishing up a new dubstep EP...every time I think it's done and go back for a final listen I find more things that I could probably change or make better or whatever. So I don't know, will probably still work on that for a while. But I did manage to create some artwork for it that I'm pretty happy with; a cover a back page and a few inner pages, just need to add text and so forth. It's going to be a free digital release but I absolutely want to release all the artwork along with it, since I view the packaging (in whatever form it may come in) as an integral part of the "album" as a whole. I'd like to include more bonuses too, just to capitalize on the medium of digital files, but I don't think I will have time to prepare anything extra.

Working on some other stuff for another dubstep type EP as well, but nothing to share about that yet...

Only other notable thing I did was to start a long overdue remix for my breakcore pal Gross Prophet. I am a big advocate for hardware synths, but I decided to do this one using only synths from Komplete 5 and I think it may have been a brilliant idea. I was blown away by some of the stuff I was able to make in FM8, and the sound quality is so so so much better than when I was using software 2-3+ years ago. Anyway I had no real direction for the remix at first, except that I wanted to do something different in order to clear my head from shit (not sure about the correlation there but whatever), and it ended up sounding like LTJ Bukem or old Photek. Probably the last style of music I'd ever though I'd write but I am really into this mix so far and I'm curious to see where it will end up. more later

No comments:

Post a Comment